As I was trying to figure out what the topic of my next post would be, it hit me that it is almost my Deltaversery! I will have been a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. for a year on November 20. So I figured that this post will be about my journey to Deltaland.
I was first introduced to Delta in the sixth grade when I accompanied my aunt to a crab feast, hosted by her friends Delta alumnae chapter. Those women were so nice and down to earth. After that crabfeast it seemed as though I saw Delta's EVERYWHERE! Being a Girl Scout, many of my mother's fellow leaders were Delta's. I loved the way that those women were so eager to help the girls in their troop, and provide for the causes they supported. So, when I came to college I knew for sure what organization I wanted to be apart of. I did my research, I read books, I read greek chat forums, I read greek blogs, I watched videos, I talked to family members, I spent hours finding information from every place I could possibly think of. I made sure my grades were right, I continued to do community service, I went to programs, I spoke to members on campus, I saved up money; I was determined to gain membership. Sophomore year came along and I missed Rush. I have never been so upset as I was when I found out that I missed Rush. The following semester, I saw that the chapter on my campus was having Rush again, so I went, gained information, and applied. Waiting for a Phone call (or rejection letter) was the most nerve wracking thing in my life. I recieved a phone call, and continued on with the Membership Intake Process (MIP) and I crossed the burning sands with my 25 other links on November 20, 2012. It was a cold, rainy, night, but it was unforgettable.

Aww Congrats. I'm happy for you, I remember when you were missing from our art class a lot and always wondered why, then you pledged and I found out why. I'm glad you have such a great journey.
ReplyDeleteThanksssss Niaya!
DeleteTrunks up
ReplyDelete